Pages

December 04, 2021

Resetting My Priorities

So, I thought I would give reason to why I haven't posted in a little while. I know it hasn't been an extremely long time I've been away or anything, but my posting has been irregular, so I want to give an explanation.

    This year, I've had a lot more school work, as well as other responsibilities. And lately, I've come around feeling empty, struggling to hold on in this new season. I've been walking a tightrope between what I want my life to look like, and what it does look like... along with the downward spiral it could easily be. 

    I'm finding that this is a terrible place to be. It's a place where nothing happens, when you are so stretched between the two sides, that it becomes impossible to move at all. 

    I've realized that my priorities are off. God needs to come first in life. Then I need to honor and respect those God has put above me as authorities, because He tells me too, not because of how they act towards me. I'm also realizing sometimes I tend to put these people before God, which is not right either. They absolutely need to be honored, but that is not the same thing as worshipping them, as if their opinions were more important than His. 

    Finally, I need to fulfill my responsibilities, because they are the responsibilities He has given me. 

    I've heard all of these things before of course, but it never occurred to me that I might not be following them as I ought too. In the past couple weeks, I've had to really face these things, and realize that I need to leave this tight rope I'm standing on altogether, and pursue after this order only.

    In light of all that, I've found it hard to jump on and blog. I don't want to share things just for the sake of sharing. I want to make sure everything I share is for God's glory, and really true for myself first. I would appreciate prayers that I would keep working towards resetting my priorities, and that I wouldn't fall back. Also that God would give me the strength I need to stand strong for Him.

    I hesitate to share this at all, but it is where I am right now, and I don't want to sugar coat things. 

    On the lighter side, I do hope to share some holiday posts soon, and I'm definitely looking forward to that!

For now,
Linnea

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you, Linnea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, Linnea! I understand some of your situation, as I can often feel overwhelmed with things to do and stress about them. I'm trying to learn to rest in God and let Him take control of my things to do and allow Him to work them out. Thank you for sharing, Linnea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. Yes, it is easy to to feel stressed and overwhelmed. Resting in God is always best!
      P.S.
      Sorry for the late comment moderation, somehow Blogger wasn't showing your comments until today.

      Delete