Pages

January 07, 2022

Oh Holy Night ~ Christmas Recap!!!

    I may or may not have mentioned how much I was looking forward to writing a Christmas post :P. So, while the holidays have come to an end, I figured I would start off the year with this post. So, grab a cup of tea (or hot chocolate), and join me!

*****

    In early December, my mom and I painted a sign with the words "Oh Holy Night" on it. Originally, it was for a Christmas event we were participating in, but afterwards it eventually found a place in our living room, and now, I am naming this post "Oh Holy Night," as well.

    We did our Christmas decorating a little bit later than we normally do. We waited until mid December! Then we spent a whole evening working on the decorations, cutting out new bows, stringing lights, and so on. Overall, I like how things turned out this year!


Our fireplace!

All things sparkly!!!


A manger scene that we made one year
 with our grandmother.
What you can't tell is how small it is!
 The nativity is actually in the inside
 of a "Pringles" can!
    
    Then came Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve is one of the best parts of the holiday, in my opinion. For a couple years now, my family has made a tradition of having a special Christmas Eve dinner, since usually on Christmas day we are too busy to cook a nice meal. We spend all day preparing the food (and usually some of the day before too,) to get ready. This year, we were planning on having our neighbors over too, but then one of them got sick, so instead, we dropped dinner off on their porch!

    Another fun tradition my sister and I have is building a fort to sleep in on Christmas Eve night. (My dad told us about how he did this when he was growing up, so we began doing it too! Even though we're a lot older now than when we started, we still enjoy it.)

Our fort's ceiling!

    On Christmas morning, we woke up fairly early. Then, we waited around until we were allowed to go into the living room. (Some of our gifts get set out with wrapping paper, so we aren't allowed to look until our parents say so.) In the meanwhile, my mom asked me to cook some bacon, and since the kitchen and the living room are in the same room together, I had to be careful not to look out of the kitchen!

    Later, we had a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls and "breakfast rice," which is basically white rice with soy sauce, and then scrambled eggs and bacon pieces mixed in. This might sound like a strange dish, but it is actually one of my favorites!

Enjoying a cup of morning tea!

Our cinnamon rolls! Please excuse
the poor photography skills, lol.

    After breakfast we got to open our other gifts, and then go to my grandmothers to celebrate Christmas with extended family. We didn't get back till late in the evening.

    Overall, I enjoyed this year's Christmas very much! I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas as well! Above all, I hope you were able to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ on that holy night in Bethlehem, long ago! 

    Congratulations, if you made it to the end of this post...it is pretty long :D. Comment down below some of your own favorite Christmas traditions!

 Linnea 

No comments:

Post a Comment